Created in 2008 by the California Hospital Association, CHPSO is a federally designated Patient Safety Organization (PSO) dedicated to the elimination of preventable patient harm and improving the quality of health care delivery. With over 350 members in the western United States, CHPSO is one of the largest PSOs in the nation and is a trusted leader in the analysis, dissemination and archiving of patient safety information. CHPSO collects safety event reports and other reports of patient safety issues in a legally protected manner.
As a result, CHPSO obtains a larger view of potential patient hazards and is able to identify emerging risks, understand the causes and corresponding solutions.
Benefits to Hospitals
CHPSO works together with members and state and federal agencies on quality improvement and patient safety issues that are relevant to their communities, while maintaining patient and provider confidentiality and legal privilege.
Leading improvement teams
- Leverage with medical manufacturers to mitigate risk
- Due to national influence, we are able to communicate safety concerns to manufacturers and vendors
- Educational Resources
- Webinars, including a webinar archive section for those unable to attend the live presentation
- Patient safety alerts
- Useful tools for members to use
- Newsletters that include information on current patient safety news, activities, lessons learned from the CHPSO database, and upcoming events
Please visit the CHPSO website to view various resources and learn more about our organization.