Call for Poster Presentations
2018 Hospital Quality Institute Annual Conference
October 28-30, 2018
Huntington Beach, CA
HQI is inviting applications for poster presentations at the 2018 HQI Annual Conference. Successful posters will demonstrate improvements in quality, patient safety and patient experience. Share your accomplishments and how success was achieved. Submissions involving innovative approaches, engaging multiple stakeholders and/or providers across the continuum of care are encouraged.
Registration discount for accepted posters: 50% on conference registration fee for one person presenting.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, August 31, 2018
- HQI will accept up to 24 posters.
- Early submissions are encouraged.
- Submit a full image (PDF, JPEG, or PowerPoint) of your poster by the submission deadline.
- Selected posters submissions will be notified on Friday, September 14, 2018.
Criteria for Selection and Review Process
All submitted posters will undergo a structured review by HQI’s Conference Planning Committee. All decisions by the HQI Conference Planning Committee are final.
To be invited for a poster presentation, posters should:
- Be well organized, clearly presented and readable from 8-feet away.
- Address clinical and/or operational processes that can improve healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrate efforts to achieve and sustain improvements in patient safety/harm reduction, care quality and/or patient experience. These should be practical to implement and potentially replicable in other settings.
- Include sound methodology for conducting and analyzing improvement projects and support findings with data.
- Discuss lessons learned, barriers encountered, solutions applied, and any improvement models employed.
- Highlight links to current research and innovation relevant to the approaches, methods and tools utilized.
- Include presenter name, affiliation and acknowledgments.
- Accepted posters will be displayed in a designated area of the exhibit hall which will be open to attendees during all conference hours. In addition, posters may also be posted on HQI’s public website.
- Each accepted poster must be represented by at least one individual who is physically present at the conference.
- Poster presenters are asked to be stationed at their posters during some of the reception, meal and refreshment breaks to answer questions.
- One presenter per accepted poster is eligible to register for the conference at a 50% reduced conference rate.
- Shipping, receiving, printing or assembling any poster materials before, during, or after the conference is the responsibility of the poster presenter. HQI conference staff is not able to assist with these tasks.
- Posters may be brought in person by the presenters or shipped to the hotel ahead of time. If shipping to the hotel, the posters must arrive no later than Saturday, October 27, 2018 and the package must show a visible label Attention HQI 2018 Annual Conference.
- All posters must be removed from display boards by 5 pm on the last day of the conference, Tuesday, October 30. Posters left on display boards after that time may be discarded.
Design and Display Requirements
- Poster size should be 36” H by 48” W on material that is able to be pinned to a board (fabric is allowed).
- A poster board will be provided to display each accepted poster.
- Creativity and innovation are encouraged.
- Photographs, newsletters, and reports can be included with the display.
- HQI is not able to support posters with multimedia formats.
Contact HQI at (916) 552-7600 or email@example.com
We look forward to your contribution to California’s preeminent quality and patient safety conference!
Submit a Poster
We are not accepting anymore posters at this time.