2017 HQI Vanguard Award Application
Application due by June 20, 2017
As a reference, you may find it helpful to review last year’s 2016 Vanguard Award applications.
Step 1: Prepare the application document in Microsoft Word, with a minimum font size of 10.
Your application must contain the following sections:
1. Cover Page with the following information:
a. Hospital or Healthcare System name and address, city, state, and URL.
b. Name, title, email address, and phone number for a contact person.
c. Name, email address, and phone number of the contact person’s assistant, if applicable.
d. Title of application.
e. Identified topical area(s) of focus in this application:
f. Brief statement by an executive leader in support of the application.
2. Executive Summary, which must contain a summary of results (limit 200 words).
3. Background and relevance of the problem being addressed and effort undertaken.
4. Description of the effort, including the scope, processes, strategies and tactics utilized, challenges encountered and how they were addressed.
5. Description of the results of the effort.
6. Discussion of the significance of the results. How do the results demonstrate outstanding achievement?
7. Description of sustainability and scaling of the achievements.
8. Description of key lessons learned and any advice to colleagues who might try to undertake a similar effort.
Limit sections 3-8 to a total of 2,400 words.
Step 2 (optional): You are welcome to upload any supplementary material in support of your application, such as graphics, data displays, and photographs. Supplementary material must not exceed 5 pages.
Step 3: After your application document has been completed in Microsoft Word and is inclusive of all the specified sections, fill out the form below and upload your application and any optional supplementary material. Your final step is to click on the “Submit” button. Note: Submitted applications are considered complete and final.
Applications must be received by June 20, 2017.
For questions regarding the Vanguard Award program, please contact email@example.com or at (916) 552-7600.
(* indicates mandatory fields)