Hospital Quality Intelligence Initiative
Gain timely, actionable insights to drive quality improvement with HQI’s powerful new platform
The Hospital Quality Intelligence Initiative (HQI²) is a one-stop source that hospitals can use to obtain up-to-date, actionable intelligence to drive quality improvement.
HQI² brings together disparate data sources into a single statewide platform and it delivers reports and bench-marking tools that fuel improvement with intelligence. Our web-based platform provides risk-adjusted episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital quality initiatives. Through HQI², hospitals gain access to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and areas for focus.
- Access hospital performance data from various sources, unified and integrated into new reports on a centralized platform.
- Understand the hospital’s quality performance and compare statewide benchmarks and peers across the state.
- Gain insights into inpatient and emergency quality indicators with an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
- Dig into a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and reveal valuable actions to make progress.
- Data are securely handled within HIPAA-qualified encrypted data systems
Important steps for a hospital to become a full participant in HQI²:
- Execute participation agreements (BAA + Participation Agreement)
- Receive userID and connect to HQI² system
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department and inpatient discharge data files for calendar year 2018 and most recent/current period going forward. One time: Request the AB2876 files from OSHPD for 2017, 2016, 2015.
- Join HQI’s NHSN group to allow HQI to view data submitted to NHSN. If your hospital participates in CALNOC and CMQCC, grant HQI rights to access data within CalNOC and CMQCC.
Open to all California Hospital Association Members
- No fee or charge for participating CHA members
- email HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org for agreements or download pdfs from this page
- Execute one agreement for a hospital or an entire hospital system (includes service agreement and business associate agreement).
- Link to agreement in right hand panel: Related Links
Quality and Measures
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)
- Inpatient quality indicators (IQIs)
- Cancer surgeries
- ED discharge analytics
- Adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Hospital-acquired conditions (HACs)
- Patient safety indicators (PSIs)
- Sepsis incidents
- Maternal measures
- Length of stay
- Nursing-related measures