Hospital Quality Intelligence Initiative
Gain timely, actionable insights to drive quality improvement with HQI’s powerful new platform
The Hospital Quality Intelligence Initiative (HQI²) is a one-stop source that hospitals can use to obtain up-to-date, actionable intelligence to drive quality improvement.
HQI² brings together disparate data sources into a single statewide platform and it delivers reports and bench-marking tools that fuel improvement with intelligence. Our web-based platform provides risk-adjusted episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital quality initiatives. Through HQI², hospitals gain access to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and areas for focus.
- Access hospital performance data from various sources, unified and integrated into new reports on a centralized platform.
- Understand the hospital’s quality performance and compare statewide benchmarks and peers across the state.
- Gain insights into inpatient and emergency quality indicators with an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
- Dig into a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and reveal valuable actions to make progress.
- Data are securely handled within HIPAA-qualified encrypted data systems
Important steps for a hospital to become a full participant in HQI²:
- Execute participation agreements (BAA + Participation Agreement)
- Receive userID and connect to HQI² system
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department and inpatient discharge data files for calendar year 2018 and most recent/current period going forward. One time: Request the AB2876 files from OSHPD for 2017, 2016, 2015.
- Join HQI’s NHSN group to allow HQI to view data submitted to NHSN. If your hospital participates in CALNOC and CMQCC, the HQI² participation agreement will grant HQI rights to access data within CalNOC and CMQCC.
Open to all California Hospital Association Members
- No fee or charge for participating CHA members
- email HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org for agreements or download pdfs from this page
- Execute one agreement for a hospital or an entire hospital system (includes service agreement and business associate agreement).
- Link to agreement in right hand panel: Related Links
Quality and Measures
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)
- Inpatient quality indicators (IQIs)
- Cancer surgeries
- ED discharge analytics
- Adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Hospital-acquired conditions (HACs)
- Patient safety indicators (PSIs)
- Sepsis incidents
- Maternal measures
- Length of stay
- Nursing-related measures