The Perinatal Mental Health (PMH) Learning Community provides California hospitals with education, technical assistance, and peer support to strengthen perinatal mental health. The program assists hospitals to comply with Assembly Bill 3032, the Maternal Mental Health Conditions law. The program is administered by HQI, funded by California HealthCare Foundation and delivered in collaboration with Maternal Mental Health NOW and CommonSpirit Health.
The Hospital Quality Improvement Platform is a one-stop source that hospitals can use to obtain up-to-date, actionable intelligence to drive quality improvement.
The Hospital Quality Improvement Platform brings together disparate data sources into a single statewide platform and it delivers reports and bench-marking tools that fuel improvement with intelligence. Our web-based platform provides risk-adjusted episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital quality initiatives. Through this platform, hospitals gain access to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and areas for focus.
- Access hospital performance data from various sources, unified and integrated into new reports on a centralized platform.
- Understand the hospital’s quality performance and compare statewide benchmarks and peers across the state.
- Gain insights into inpatient and emergency quality indicators with an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
- Dig into a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and reveal valuable actions to make progress.
- Data are securely handled within HIPAA-qualified encrypted data systems
Important steps for a hospital to become a full participant :
- Execute participation agreements (BAA + Participation Agreement)
- Receive userID and connect to the system
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department, ambulatory surgery, and inpatient discharge data files for calendar year 2019 and most recent/current period going forward. One time: Request the statewide data files from OSHPD for 2018, 2017, 2016.
- Join HQI’s NHSN group to allow HQI to view data submitted to NHSN.
- Participate with CMQCC, if applicable, which allows HQI to include selected maternity quality metrics for you.
Open to all California Hospital Association Members
- No fee or charge for participating CHA members
- email HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org for agreements or download pdfs from this page
- Execute one agreement for a hospital or an entire hospital system (includes service agreement and business associate agreement).
- Link to agreement in right hand panel: Related Links
Quality and Measures
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)
- Inpatient quality indicators (IQIs)
- Cancer surgeries
- ED discharge analytics
- Adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Hospital-acquired conditions (HACs)
- Patient safety indicators (PSIs)
- Sepsis incidents
- Maternal measures
- Length of stay
- Nursing-related measures