During Sepsis Awareness Month and year-round, HQI joins hospitals and organizations across the nation to share resources and tools to drive improvement in sepsis detection. Please see the resources below:
Sepsis in California Monograph – The Hospital
Quality Institute convened a Sepsis Roundtable, providing
hospitals with support in developing sepsis multidisciplinary
teams and performance improvement.
Sepsis Roundtables – The Hospital Quality
Institute sponsors these events to discuss trends, issues, and
barriers, as well as explore strategies.
- The next event is October 2 by invitation only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Sepsis Performance in California – These figures
represent the most up-to-date data on sepsis performance in the
state. California hospitals have been driving improvement in
sepsis care leading to improved survival of this
life-threatening disease. California continuously
drives down mortality along with building one of the
highest adherence rates to the SEP-1 core measure that reports
hospital use of evidence-based identification and treatment
- More than 253,000 Californians were hospitalized with sepsis in 2017 and fewer than 15% died. That is a remarkable accomplishment for a disease that had a much higher mortality.
- California SEP1 performance as of July 2018 CMS data release
HSAG HIIN Sepsis resources are located
- There are newly posted ZONE tools that hospitals can use for patient/family education to prevent sepsis related readmissions. Available in English and Spanish https://www.hsag.com/contentassets/6787b4d161d6418fa3045b7712a0ed0b/zonetoolsepsis508.pdf
- kNOw Sepsis: From Detection to Recovery, a presentation provided by Dr. Andre Vovan and Patricia Cruz at the 2018 HQI Annual Conference
Please direct any questions to email@example.com