The Hospital Quality Improvement Platform is a one-stop
source that hospitals can use to obtain up-to-date, actionable
intelligence to drive quality improvement.
The Hospital Quality Improvement Platform brings together
disparate data sources into a single statewide platform and it
delivers reports and bench-marking tools that fuel improvement
with intelligence. Our web-based platform provides risk-adjusted
episode quality measures for conditions most affected by hospital
quality initiatives. Through this platform, hospitals gain access
to clinically rich, timely reports to help easily identify a
hospital’s opportunities for improvement and areas for focus.
- Access hospital performance data from various sources,
unified and integrated into new reports on a centralized
- Understand the hospital’s quality performance and compare
statewide benchmarks and peers across the state.
- Gain insights into inpatient and emergency quality indicators
with an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
- Dig into a hospital’s opportunities for improvement and
reveal valuable actions to make progress.
- Data are securely handled within HIPAA-qualified encrypted
Important steps for a hospital to become a full participant :
- Execute participation agreements (BAA
- Receive userID and connect to the system
- Securely submit copies of MIRCal/OSHPD emergency department,
ambulatory surgery, and inpatient discharge data files for
calendar year 2019 and most recent/current period going forward.
One time: Request the statewide data files from OSHPD for 2018,
- Join HQI’s NHSN group to allow HQI to view data submitted to
- Participate with CMQCC, if applicable, which allows HQI to
include selected maternity quality metrics for you.
Open to all California Hospital Association Members
- No fee or charge for participating CHA members
HQIAnalytics@HQInstitute.org for agreements or download
pdfs from this page
- Execute one agreement for a hospital or an entire hospital
system (includes service agreement and business associate
- Link to agreement in right hand panel: Related Links
Quality and Measures
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)
- Inpatient quality indicators (IQIs)
- Cancer surgeries
- ED discharge analytics
- Adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Hospital-acquired conditions (HACs)
- Patient safety indicators (PSIs)
- Sepsis incidents
- Maternal measures
- Length of stay
- Nursing-related measures